View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

There is an article that touches on the point you just brought up - it was actually Porsche who refused to provide a Cayman S to be compared to the new 1M. Instead, they provided an entire Cayman R fleet for all the comparisons you are referring to. Porsche knew apocalypse was coming down their way so they responded with a track-oriented car.

And yes, the narrator on the video said they hit 100km/h in 6 seconds. At this point the credibility level of this video dropped to the ground before my eyes; then again, it's not a full out comparison video. He simply mentions some of the strong points of each car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
What I find most interesting about all the recent 1 M comparisons is how they inevitably pick the Cayman R and not the Cayman S which would be quite a bit closer in price, amenities and intent to the M.

It's almost like no one wants to see the 1M wipe the floor with the recent performance coupe benchmark so they go find a track oriented version that will fare better.

Also, 6 seconds?!?? Is this his first time driving a manual? I get near that in my 10 year old A4!
Appreciate 0