07-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Generally, 19s weigh more and give you such a small amount of tire sidewall that you are more prone to damaging the wheels or tires. Also you start running out of tire choices in 19s.

I'd definitely go with 18x8.5 et42 if that were an option. With my 19x8.5 et42 front, my wheel is 3.5 mm from my strut. So if you get a tire much wider than your wheel you might have to add a 3mm spacer. It's tough to ever get a 245 to fit up front. You might actually need to add a little rear camber too if you can get up to 245s. But that will probably work better anyways with all the front camber you'll be running.
I see what your concerns with 19s are. That's exactly what I'm thinking about since my highway and local road are not the best in USA, so I might opt for 18s since it gives me peace of mind anyway.

What wheels are you running up front? Yeah, I know its pretty hard to fit 245/35 all around even with spacer, it might rub against the fender as well especially with meaty Michelin PSS. Well, we'll see how it goes, I might try to fit my stock RFT (245) up front and decides from there.

Thanks!
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0