06-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
so what do you recommend? I do not understand when you say .5" difference as well sorry suspension is SO new to me
Stock car's 245/35/19 front and 265/35/19 rear set up has following overall diameters: 25.8" and 26.3", hence 0.5" stagger which corresponds to 807 revs per mile for fronts while the rears will be doing 790 revs per mile. This is what a stock 1M or M3's DSC "thinks" when it takes decisions if I may put it that way

When you pass to M3 GTS size tires on stock wheels which are the same wheels of 1M, the overall tire diameters will be 26" front AND rear so no stagger of 0.5", no difference or very little difference in terms of revs per mile. I don't have enough evidence to assume that stock ECU and DSC are flexible and adaptive "enough" to make this a non-issue. If you search M3 forums you will see there are people who did this and others who want to make this if and when Michelin releases 285/30/19 size PSS. You will also notice comments backing or doubting this particular tire size.

For the size of stock wheels and space in wheel wells, yes this got to be the dream (street) set-up.

I hope it is clearer now.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 06-21-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0