View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Up until a few weeks ago, I was deciding between a used R56 Mini Cooper S, or a used 08 135i. I was actually trying to purchase a MCS, because I already own a 335i, but in the end, I still opted for the 135i.

- In terms of resale value, the MCS is unbelievably high. I was very surprised.

- Both cars have their share of issues, so one is not more reliable than the other.

- MCS is a great FWD car. On track, a modified MCS w/ LSD can out corner my 335i any day. The fact it's FWD is no negative.

- 135i the 08 model has the N54 engine we all know and love.

- If you're into RWD dynamics, the 135i is the way to go. Despite being impressed with the MCS FWD, I still prefer the cornering dynamics of a RWD when at the limit.

- As others mentioned, a lot of people purchase the MCS because of the styling. In that respect, I prefer it over the 135i.

- For me, the 135i styling was a negative because I already own a 335i. Before I bought it, I already knew I was going to get the 'you bought the same car' remarks

In the end, for a few $K more on the used market, I was able to purchase a 135i. Since I love the N54 engine, and understand the problems of owning it, I opted for the 135i. Because of the high resale value of the MCS, I thought the used 135i was a better bargain.

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension
Appreciate 0