08-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
thinbev
proud BMW 335 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
I don't know what to say. First I've drooled over the 3.0 sequential turbo diesel for several years now. That knowing it would awhile before we ever see it in the U.S. The reality is BMW is a large corporation and will SLOWLY change the engine line up in the US to include diesels. It will be some time before we see the full diesel line up here.
I'm sorry but I disagree. We all know that BMW is bringing the 335d, 535d, and maybe the X5 diesel to N. America. I'm sure if we heard years ago about Toyota's hybrid technology we would have laughed in their faces... But now look at them. They did a "ballsy" move and it definitely paid off. Now every car company is playing catch up.

It's not like BMW has to develop all their diesels from scratch... They already have them... It's just a matter of convincing people in the states that they're cool...

I think a high performance M diesel is what would change everybody's perception and would catapult BMW as the pioneer in high performance, high mileage clean diesel technology cars.

They can call it the M1 d. This way they don't use the same name as the original M1...

Listen up BMW, I think I'm on to something...
Appreciate 0