View Single Post
      04-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #49
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Finally rain in Santiago, a real one! All I want to say that, is it possible a summer performance tire can have better traction in rain compared to dry

Crazy good stuff, I even remembered the poor guy from Hong Kong who crashed his car, I can tell you that he was not on PSS, no way! OK, I did not push the gas, I was careful since I was in the city and in traffic jam half of the time but the steering reactions were so smooth, even on some very broken asphalt and on cobble stones, places that I thought would be crazy problematic in rain. Not even one blink of DSC or any intervention I noticed. In fact, I sensed that I was so far away from the limits of these tires.

In the rain, I felt exactly the way I felt when I switched from summer Continentals to Michelin Pilot Alpins on my previous car 2 years ago in the beginning of winter, I was so blown away with the smoothness combined with extra grip, right away I sold the slightly used Continentals and when the winter ended I just bought a Michelin PS3 set for that car, which were very new at that time and despite being good they were less impressive than the Alpins.

These are my first impressions in rainy weather both with the 1M and PSS; will find opportunities to speed up and see what happens. For now, PSS in rain is better than PS2 in dry.
Appreciate 0