03-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #56
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
PSS 265 or 275 at rear? ... what recommendations?
If you are with stock wheels all I can say is my experience with 265/35 is just wonderful; still playful as stock if you leave electronics off or at least MDM on, but much more grip and control on tap because limits are much higher and even more ride comfort so you feel more willing and safer to go discover the limits of the car and its chassis. I don't think you need wider than that and if you do need due to a tune which provides more power and torque (I guess you have Evolve) then 275 won't be enough anyway, you need as wide as possible in that case, then go for a 295/30 for instance and try 265 or even 275/30 at front.

In short, I don't see a 275 much of a upgrade at the rear in any case, with or without a tune, this if you are with stock wheels of course. 275 also dictates 255/35 at the front in order to keep things straight but those will give you some rubbing. Assuming you were planning a 245/35 front and 275/35 rear set up as a possibility, I would say stick with 265 and don't provoke more understeer, the traction you will loose (on paper) between those sizes is minimal.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0