Thread: M Badge Fail
View Single Post
      08-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
evobda2
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport

I think with BMW producing the "M"-Sport now its not really the same "exclusive" badge it once was.
Most manufacturers have this symbol as it represents a state of tune. Obviously it used to be M3 was a tuned 3 series coupe. This level of tune where the exclusive "M" word is used has obviously changed today.
So it may be a bit different if he put an actual "1M" badge or a "M3" badge when its not..

I dont really have a problem with things like this especially as its just the "M". Fair enough if its a stock car with a M badge it might look a bit silly (it kinda looks a bit odd on the pic above), but if the guy has done a heap of work or it actually is a M-Sport model from factory then there isnt really any reason to ridicule the bloke.
I have a simple m-sport 120d. Not that i really have the urge to put a m-badge on the back although there are "M" symbols on the wheels, steering wheel, door sills etc..

If people are that disgusted in it why dont you leave the "M" badge and go for something more exotic like the custom tune house badges. Then you would be more exclusive i would think..
Appreciate 0