View Single Post
      11-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

A brief update of my impressions of the new software after a few days of daily driving. As a point of reference, the weather has been a little erratic this week (i.e. Humid, dry, hi around 85 degrees, low around 60) which has given me a good cross section of fall time conditions in S.FL. In addition, prior to this update, I had the original software that came from the factory (build date 9/2009). I think I was lucky to skip the 2010 software patch intended to compensate for the HPFP issues. So here's my thoughts... From a cold start, the car seems to run a bit smoother and quiets down in less than 15 seconds. Torque/boost seems a bit down at low rpms. It seems as though the boost comes in strong around 2500 rpms, whereas it was more linear with the previous software. This is most notable in 1st gear and all other gears after cruising below 2000 rpms for an extended period. When keeping the revs above this threshold, the car is easily as strong as before. I think it's just a matter of getting use to the power delivery and throttle response. For example, whereas when previously going through tight off-camber roundabouts, a bit of foot control was required to avoid power oversteering. Now, a strong drift is still possible but it takes significantly more input. This is not necessarily a bad thing, just different. So all-in-all, I wouldn't call it worse or better. Just different.
Appreciate 0