01-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
mkvigli
Add1ct
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4

antenna reception problem

I'll try to make this long story short:

My car was reaching it's warranty expiration, so I brought it into the dealer to get a small problem fixed--a blown rear right speaker. I took it in, told them it was static, and they replaced my radio HU instead of the speaker. The problem was still there, and, at this point, I had just passed my warranty expiration when I brought it back in (literally days later.) They refused to fix it, wanted me to pay $850 to solve the problem, lied to me about what I brought it in for, etc. etc. I talked to BMWUSA, they made the dealer fix the problem, all was well. I also got to keep a new HU out of the deal in the end, and it had HD radio, so that's all fine.

Well now the speaker is static again and at this point I'm just through with that problem and not worrying anymore--the other problem is that now my FM reception is hardly working at all. I've searched and searched and can't find a good solution... I've checked the hidden menu on the radio--it's on the right region, but on the 'antenna' page, instead of showing me that it's on AUTO, it says ANT ERROR.

Any ideas, anyone...?
Appreciate 0