08-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni8284 View Post
What a perfect timing. I just came back from watkins glen. and after session 3 the last 5 mins, My steering wheel is shaking. session 4 got worst.

My instructor told me I have a warp rotor. but after reading all the posts, maybe it's the brake deposits.

I am using stock pad with stock rotor and super blue brake fluid.

I already made an appointment on Monday for the service.

Let's see what BMW says...

Do they replaced for free or not?
I'm 99.9% certain that your discs are not warped, not especially after just one track day. Get yourself some uprated pads to clean the deposits off, or drive normally with the standard pads, which will eventually clean the deposits off, but may take a few hundred miles. If BMW see a disc like this (see below), they are probably not going to replace it. I too had brake judder when I used the standard pads on track for a full day, and it took me nearly a month of normal driving to fully rid the discs of uneven deposits with the standard pads. I have since obtained a set of M Performance Sport Pads and have gone through 3 more track days and 10k miles of driving with no brake judder whatsoever. The pic below was after a track day with the standard pads, you can clearly see the uneven deposits.

Name:  IMG_7081.jpg
Views: 2202
Size:  102.8 KB

Last edited by mlhj83; 08-24-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0