09-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #88
BMW Mil
Solly
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Like it a lot, of course you need to post much more outdoor pics. Nice detail where the window trim seems to dissolve around the b-column!

Questions:
- Was it meant to/does it look like brushed aluminum?
- How much did it cost? What place? Satisfied? Recommend?

You beat me to the masking of the LED daylight strip: Nice!!. Although my target is to do this on the inside of the glass in black (same time as taking out the orange reflectors). Have you considered masking on the inside?
---

Once the Actual Wheels are back on I will take a few outside Pics, as a finish project (For now) If you need specific pics though, let me know as I can take them while I have the Car. Yes, I didnt request the B Pillar to be done but it came as part of the deal.
In certain light it does look like a brushed aluminum, We literally requested a Grey Matte, but was 2,400Euro plus tax (unless you have tax free status here) Im satisfied for sure, i was nervous at first as I am doing this for a customer based on his request. I cant clean the car for 3 weeks though. I would recommend them for sure. the guy who did this was hugely helpful and really wanted to take on the task. The LED lights was also something the Guy did as an extra without request, he had the go ahead to make it what he thought would look good based on as he goes along. I think black would have looked very good to, with the Black Kidney Grills. inside mask, not considered, I can imagine that the Foil would heat up quicker underneath which could cause it to peel or bubble.. im not sure?! the work was done at; http://www.nevs-design.com here in Bamberg, Germany
Appreciate 0