05-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #15
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer74 View Post
Waste of money? I have been enjoying the tune for some time which in my book beats waiting for a DISA tune for an engine that' been out since 2007. I will have my tune, you enjoy your wait.
Easy there, talking about for the OP.

Evolve has a N52 tune, N52 DISA retrofit tune, and N52 Supersprint header tune for the 128i. The OP needs a N51 sulev DISA tune, which there are still working for. My point was that if wants the best performance(which I'm taking as a given as most people do), he is best off waiting and paying once instead of dropping money now on half a tune and then again later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
Does evolve offer a tune for non-disa manifolds? I know it wouldn't provide nearly as much power over the range but I'm curious if the peak HP would be the same as a disa manifold. I check car-part daily to see if any Disa's pop up on the island that i can pick up one time.

edit: Stig already has a DISA tune from evolve installed..
They offer one for the 130i, so I imagine it would be similar. 15hp/10ft lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer74 View Post
I see. I thought from one of the earlier posts in this threat that Evolve does not have a DISA tune yet. They do list a stage 2 tune on their website for cars with DISA even though they state the same gains as stage 1. So, do they do anything with the DISA and if so, shouldn't the gains be more impressive?
You should check the thread just below this one.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778456