View Single Post
      09-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #249
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod135 View Post
Quick question: I had serious brake fade last weekend at VIR and had to take easy laps to let my brakes cool. I am looking for something that will hold up better at the track, but I don't have time (or really the desire to spend the money) on new brakes before my next event. I am already running ATE Typ200.

What pads can I use that will perform better at those high temperatures and not risk hurting my calipers?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really would like to have some decent breaking without frying my brakes in my next track days at Summit Point at the end of October.
Well, I'm not sure there is any way to put that much heat and braking stress into the front brakes without something happening to the front calipers (piston top cracking, seals melting, finish changing colors). Even the color of my rear calipers has changed.

I have heard a rumor the car manufacturers are starting to use paints that change colors above certain temperatures as a method to refuse warranty claims.

The real solution is an aftermarket brake upgrade (just as it is pretty much on any high performance car) from somebody like StopTech.
Appreciate 0