United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
My dealer refuses to acknowledge the valve ticking. I moved and tried a new dealer closer to home and the service advisor all but had an actual argument with me about it, claiming that the ticking noise is the fuel injectors. So I asked him why the 328i loaner they gave me doesn't make the noise. His response? They have very different engines. Really?! Why is it so hard to find someone that knows how to do their jobs and truly knows the brand/products they support??? I HATE when the consumer is more educated than the brand rep.
I took mine to the dealer and told them my engine had a bad ticking noise and said I did some research and stated it could be the valves need changed due to a defective part. They took my keys let the car sit till the next morning started it up and it ticked like crazy so they then replaced them that day no questions asked and no hassle. You should of asked him what engine was in the 128 and what engine was in the 328. Then go get someone in the dealer that actually knows to tell him what they have.

I love my dealer TISCHER BMW FTW!
Appreciate 0