Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i Convertible

Share your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
That's right!
I was out in the garage smoking and noticed chewing sounds behind my front bumper...WTF??
Popped the hood and saw a nice collection of half eaten eggcorns lying on the plastic behind the rad so I thought it was a squirrel-no, it's worse, I actually saw a naked rat tail gliding past as I was shining a flashlite down there..oh the horror.
So far everything on the car still works & glad I noticed this now before systems started failing due to chewed up wires. 3 Spring loaded rat traps with roast beef for bait are now spread around the garage. I guess they really love how the undercarriage is almost completely covered in plastic underneath the car. Great for nesting apparently
Wish me luck and ill keep u posted.... ugh

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Cleaning the clutter in the garage is the first thing up to prevent this from happening again

I feel your pain my friend. Same thing happened to me with my '06 525xi except I didn't discover the little boogers until an oil change and the babies in the nest had been dead for a while - EEEWWW

Anyway , I live out in the country so mice are a constant problem. Solution - I put out bait http://www.d-conproducts.com/products.html and it worked like a charm. I hate the spring loaded traps as they are not reliable so I also bought the "no touch traps" and baited them with peanut butter (Ortho® Home Defense MAX® Kill & Contain® Mouse Trap) - Mice go coocoo for peanut butter. Go figure.

Just make sure that if you have any pets that they don't go near the bait.

Good luck.

2013 335i Mojave Luxury, Dakota Venetian Beige
Cold/Premium Package, NAV, Driver Assist
Appreciate 0