Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
Now that make me ask a question.

What happen if...

You hit someone and your car has no damage to fix. And the other car needs to be fixed.

You give them the details. What happen next?

Will you ultimately lose rating 1 and/or pay excess on other people's claim?
Depends. Obviously you'll have to pay for the repairs if you are at fault. They shouldn't be paying any excess cause they weren't at fault, so technically their insurer isn't out of pocket, provided they get the money from you. Their insurer has two ways of getting the repair cost from you: 1. you pay out of pocket; or 2. you make a claim through your insurer saying you were at fault, and hence you pay your excess so it is your insurer that pays the repair bill. In the latter case, if you don't have rating 1 protection, you'll loose your rating 1.

Of course if there is no damage to your car it is likely there is very little damage on the other car, so it might be cheaper for you to just pay for the repairs directly with no insurer involvement from both sides.