03-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Van Driver View Post
I agree, the stock tips look cheap and nasty. The poor quality plating only adds to that impression.

Are you sure they're friction fit ? I took a quick look and thought they were welded on ? They're definitely not riveted on like the M3 items.

I'm looking into alternatives using thick wall (1.5/2.0 mm) stainless tube like that used on the E46 M3. I plan to reduce the amount they stick out, slash cut the tips at 10/15 degrees and stagger them in line with the diffuser. Ideally I'd like them black or ceramic coated.
I believe that Lightweight Titanauspuffanlagen (the same company which also made the Moto GP Safety Car style front lip) would make a stock exhaust tip replacement soon but maybe I am confusing it with another company (need my morning coffee!), can't check now but there was a mention somewhere.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0