View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Sarge135
Semper FI!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Ok finally did the install.

My fellow 1'er (Chechirecat) and I decided to install the exhaust from my garage to get another angle for the DIYers. The exhaust is fairly straight forward to fit on the car. The fitment is PERFECT! The instructions were good, and the sound.....oh the sound.....damn.

We did run into some snags so here are some additional pointers.

1.The exhaust hangers = Do yourself a favor and remove the hangers from the vehicle, and place the rubber hangers on the rear section. Then re install the bolts. It will save you some trouble, especially if your working under a car thats on jack stands.

2.Spray PB blaster on all bolts and wait about 15 minutes for it to penetrate.

3.Tap the threads on the flex connection of the exhaust. We found that the jet hot coating that is on the flanges prevents the stock bolts from threading correctly. The thread pitch for them is M10 1.5mm. It will make your life easier when trying to get that connection together. You can use some channel locks to hold both flanges together while you thread it together.

4. The stock Cross Brace will hit the exhaust on the bottom. Use about 6 washers on the 4 upper star bolts to make room for some movement.

5. The exhaust is very quiet until you burn it in. Once you are finished, take the car on some spirited runs. You will see the smoke burning from the exhaust, and then after a while you will hear the incredible sound.

I will have some High res pics of the install in a few.

2009 SGM 135i M-Sport
Ark l Blackline l iCarbon l AFE l Hawk l VMR l ST Coilover l Parrot Asteroid l JL Audio l Janus-Design l Reiger l BMW Performance l COBB l Evolution Raceworks l TIAL l VRSF

Last edited by Sarge135; 01-06-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0