10-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #1511
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
No worries, as I'm with you on many accounts, though I'm even more against adding more M's (valve stems, license plate frame, 1M floormats) since it's not really an M car. I considered getting the license plate frame that said Ultimate Driving Machine since that seemed somewhat less douchey and redundant than the BMW one, but will probably just keep the dealer one, though it does appear to cut off several parts of the plate. I can't justify spending the $70 or so IND is offering for color-matched painted frames, though one in mineral grey would be interesting to see.

You can get another set of the stock valve caps I think for literally a couple of dollars online or at the dealer, or I could probably just mail you mine once I swap 'em, since we're in a mineral grey gang. Can't have you driving stemless!
I had the M license plate frame in the shopping cart, but finally decided it would only be proper to install on a true M car, not cars with M sport options and accessories. My boss occasionally drives his 1M in to work... I thought it would look a bit douchy to have my car with an M plate frame parked next to a true 1M in Valencia Orange.

The tire swap at my BMW dealer was a real fiasco. Multiple trips, dirty seats, damaged wheel, missing caps, tons of grease all over the outside of my new tires, etc. In an effort to recover the situation, the service manager agreed to accommodate all of my requests... finding the missing valve stem caps was by far the easiest and least expensive one! So I do still have my grey plastic stock caps...

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension

Last edited by CAVU; 10-17-2013 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0