Resident SRT4 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Dodge SRT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
For reference:

BMW Tech Support is = PUMA hotline

It is not FASA data, But FASTA Data.. this is the information that thru diagnosis is taken from your car and Engineering can "read" it, "see" it, etc etc. There are many things that Engineering can "see" but a Dealer cannot.

If the belt broke and wrapped around the crank pulley behind it, there is a chance that eithe the seal is messed up ( does not need to leak to be messed up) or the crank pulley has spun on the crank. they are press fit so it is possible..

standing by
Yeah I couldn't make out what he said if it was FASA or FASTA. haha I spoke with the dealer about 2 hours ago and he said the FMR module is in the car now and being programmed. As for the sound it ended up being that chunks of the belt got stuck in the seal behind the harmonic balancer and they will be ordering a new seal which they should have tomorrow along with a new harmonic balancer since the pulley manage to damage the rubber around the harmonic balancer. I will be excited to get my car back on Friday since the dealer my car is at will take me at least 45-60 minutes to get to in rush hour traffic by the time I get out of work tomorrow. I miss driving manual so bad. I don't think I want to know how much all this work would have costed if the car wasn't still under warranty.
2013 Subaru STI Sedan in WR Blue
Appreciate 0