View Single Post
      10-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Sunglasses Ron
Registered
Rep
Drives: CW Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
only the 2011+ cars have the DSC, however the 08-10 cars have a very fast shifting auto box (with buttons behind steering wheel) that didn't feel too far off from the unit in my moms VW EOS. It wouldn't be a bad way to go, but if you really want the DSG, you'll have to look at the newest cars.

The N55 Looks to be capable, but it is a little early in the game to tell if there's much juice to pull out of it. The N54 at this point seems to be running close to 400 whp consistantly and reliably (matter of opinion to some) But the magical part to our engines is the torque. if you have 400whp, you're looked at over 400ft-lbs of torgue.

A good starting point is a JB3 or Procede and an intake which can yeald some good numbers and give you a good fight with your traction control system. With these you'll be looking into the 50-80whp territory. Most people are happy with that.

after that, FMIC and downpipes are very common, and this will have you close to that 400whp mark with 94pump gas, full exhaust and meth will take you over it into the 410-425ish area, but you're also in that cross over zone of pump gas vs race gas.

if you don't want new wheels and tires, it's best to stop at just chip and intake. after that, you may as well start shopping for everything else, including a limited slip differential.

at that point, street tires are pretty useless

any more questions, head to the tuning section marked N54/N55

Cheers for that mate..
I have different wheels on my Golf at the min, but will more than likely just get the OEM ones sprayed black on the BM and leave it at that. Will also be on street tyres too.
Sounds like software and intakes are a definate, but may look at cat-less pipes too if they aren't silly money?
Also worth bearing in mind is that we run 99ron fuel over the pond (assuming the octane rating is the same?), so would that make much difference do you think?
Appreciate 0