View Single Post
      07-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
wolfe
Captain
Rep
Drives: e82 / e70 / r56 / r60

'scuff' in trunk lid. How do I tell if it's correctable?

I noticed on my car that there's one spot on the trunk lid which looks like a 1" square scuff mark. It looks like lots of very fine scratches in a criss-cross pattern. It's only visible from certain angles in a reflection, and if I run my hand across it I can feel a slight difference on that spot.

The car's white, and there are a few imperfections in the paint, mostly black specks. I am not sure how to tell if this scuff is correctable or not though.

I claybarred the car to remove a lot of road tar, and some spots were pretty stubborn. I would be surprised if I"d done this scuff with the clay though, as the rest of the car is fine.

My biggest fear is that I try and use some kind of mild abrasive on it, and it's already through or almost through the clear and I make it worse. I'm wondering if there was something like bird droppings on it while it sat somewhere during the delivery process.

I'll try and get a picture if I can get the angle right, but if anyone has any suggestion on how to tell if I should try and correct it or just leave it alone, I'd really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0