View Single Post
      03-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
Sui
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 123d

Defnetly you will get the switch at you local dealer!

I think it should be below 100$ because in GER ist is appr. 60€.
In GER there is a leveling and cleaning device forced by law but in GER there are several "stupid" laws.

However, in my opinion a retro without leveling should not be a prob as far as you adjust your lights correctly once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McReary View Post
Though what you're saying is true, and what sui is saying is a formidable option to counter the lack thereof, most xenons don't need the ride height sensors to self-level since they'll be low enough to the ground. Take the AP1 and AP2 s2000s for example. Those don't have auto-leveling by factory. I wouldn't necessarily call them blinders. My other friend's 70s 240z Datsun retrofitted with Mazda RX-8 xenons are in the similar circumstances of acceptability by merely pointing them in a safer direction. I'm planning on doing a drop on my car regardless.

So AHL (stands for Adaptive Headlights) is the swiveling feature, and auto-leveling is the lowering and raising for oncoming traffic. Finally got a clarification. Thanks!

Oh and sui, the light switch--any idea where to get that OEM part? I'm seeing only the OEM-BMW-Parts.com special request as an option.

So basically here would be the course of action.
OEM Euro kit housing/lens/projector
bulb
ballast
footwell module fooler
OEM xenon light switch

Install, connect, plug and play!
Appreciate 0