United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
I'm at 2k miles, and just installed the BMS Powerbox. Maybe I notice the power, but it certainly livens up the shift points and intelligence of the automatic transmission.

You mean a filter like this?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2332

Anyone actually dyno with one of these and see a change in HP?

The more pricey intake mod vendors don't seem to offer dyno to substantiate the HP claim, which is one reason why the Powerbox appealed to me: actual data from vendor and users. The irony of course is that the biggest change is simply the trottle response -- which when combined with the change in shift points is really how the car should have shipped, in the first place... but of course, is less fuel efficient. I guess they figured that covered the performance side of things with "sport" mode on the AT....

--

Love the thought that the best performance kicks in after 8k miles. Something to look forward to!
Yes, that's the filter I had in mind - going to get one for the wife's 128i. There is a charcoal filter in the stock intake that is somewhat restrictive and a lot of people delete it - but that might not sit well with your SA or BMW tech. If anyone makes an intake for the 128 that has a heat shield and allows it to take in cooler air, that'd be the ultimate way to go. I had the Dinan intake on a 330i Sport and an AFE intake on a 330i ZHP that was my previous car - both seemed to make a difference, but they were in addition to other modifications.

As for the "stealth" factor for the exhaust - all I can tell you is that the BMW PE is distinctly noticeable as you drive away, and while it does get somewhat loud at higher RPM, it's not what I'd call "stealthy" by any means. The deeper sound is not objectionable, but side-by-side, the PE is a good bit louder than stock.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0