View Single Post
      06-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #245
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

I just used my standard open ended 11mm wrench. Used the open side since I had the tube sticking out of it. No fancy turns or curves or anything needed. Just give it a few degrees, flip it, give it a few more degrees, etc. Nothing to it. This is a 2011 135i w/ N55 if that matters at all. I suppose a different wrench would be a little quicker but I'd have maybe saved 30 seconds. Maybe I got lucky? For my application, nothing special was needed whatsoever.

No idea on before / after feel. I got it apart, put the new one in, and then realized that the one I pulled out was already modded. Previous owner did it and either forgot to mention it or I forgot that he did. LOL. That would explain why I didn't know why everyone hated the stock clutch!

About the bleeding, I can't think of any way to do it "right" that guarantees no air in it. To me, doing it right means bleeding it. Even if you put the ends together slowly and allow a little fluid to come out to minimize the air. I think you can definitely get away without bleeding it, you may not have enough air to cause problems or notice it. But I still wouldn't call that the right way to do it.
Appreciate 0