View Single Post
      07-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #246
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Thumbs up

Did this mod tonight on my 2011 135i M-sport. Ran into minor issue with pressure bleeding. Only used air initially, as reservoir "looked full". Wound up bleeding fluid, bubbles, and then air in that specific sequence. Clutch pedal went to the floor without any resistance. Undid the bleeder, filled the reservoir up to the rim, put about a cup of fresh fluid in the bleeder, pumped it up to 20 psi, bled again but with short bursts, until no more bubbles appeared in the clear tubing and catch bottle. Pedal firmed up immediately, and I was good to go.

Wow, this is what a fast clutch engagement feals like - never experienced this in a BMW, and I owned 5 of them before my 135i. I also installed clutch stop. Got to get used to the new dynamics. So little pdeal throw is needed now, and so easy to shift smoothly and promptly in gears 1-2-3. Rev matching is also smoother and easier.

As a previous poster mentioned, the standard 11mm wrench and some patience (taking 1/4 turns, and flipping the wrnech) is all you need to crack the bleed valve - no fancy half moon or angled wrench to buy for this task.

Great mod, and I highly recommend it.

Last edited by dcaron9999; 07-25-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0