11-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #353
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm49 View Post
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have entered my MX5 racecar for its last run in my hands at the AASA Championships at Wakefield on 21-22 November and my budget can't extend to 3 days. This coming Sunday I am giving my 135i a run in Regularity at SMSP Amaroo circuit as part the FOSC meeting. It will replace the low power/high handling/high braking MX5 so wil be totally different to drive at Amaroo, particularly as the weather forcast is for 5-10mm rain! Even so, it will be a good opportunity to evaluate the LSd and KW Clubsport suspension in a relatively non-competitive environment.
Tomorrow I am going to the AGI roll cages workshop to discuss what they can do for the 135i to help me get it passed for a CAMS log book. As I am intending to continue to use it as a daily driver the plan is to get a bolt-in cage rather than weld-in. The rear 4-point cage would stay in the car after the rear seats are removed and the front section together with door bars would be bolted in before each race meeting along with a raceseat etc. AGI do bolt-in kits for earlier BMW's so this may be the start of a new addition to their catalogue. I am aiming for the car to be ready to participate in races by the end of January. The main things to be done are improving engine cooling and upgrading the Brembos with better pistons etc.
Did you end up going to the Supersprint? I only saw 3 N54/55 powered cars on the results. I would normally be there but I was overseas at the time. A shame because I was in contention for first place this year. Congrats to John for winning it this year though.

Also, how did it go with AGI? What CAMS license are you going for that would require a full cage in the 135i? It's not required for an L2S.