United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
I think that as the audience we're aware of the Mazda driver's intentions (or at least how he can paint it since he's the owner of the video and is essentially writing history here) so it disarms us but as the Bimmer driver you wouldn't know and it would make me a little peeved too.

What I would do is actually slow down and use my BMW Assist/Bluetooth to call the cops and lead him right to them rather than stopping in the middle of the road and making things worse. But I see two bad drivers here, not one.
What about when you want to pass a slower car on a two lane road like that? Considerate drivers will see that they are holding up traffic and pull off when they can to let the traffic pass. Some drivers will keep on their way leaving you to wait for an opportunity to pass in an open passing zone. When I'm in this situation, I usually try to stay a few car lengths behind so when a passing zone appears, I can get by the slower car in the shortest distance possible. Sometimes those passing zones aren't very long and you want to get back to the right lane before the lines turn back to double yellow. I wouldn't consider a situation like this to be tailgating.