Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
2013 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
2002 Acura RSX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Yea, on occasion. I don't do it as much as autocross.

I'll be tracking the 128i very shortly. Here is of my Z4M though...(This was pre-exhaust, so the sound isn't so great)
That looks silky smooth, exactly what you want.

My last event at Thunderhill I rode with one of our race group members who has a turbo charged Miata and I couldn't believe the steering inputs he could get away with. But that's what you get with a 2,000 lbs. car on track suspension and r-comps. 3,400 lbs. 1er on stock suspension and RFTs (in my case)...not so much.

Working on a mounting point for my GoPro that will let me catch my steering wheel in the frame too. So far I've had it too far forward mounted from the sunroof so all I see is dash. Used to be perfect in my RSX because you could see the track well, the steering wheel, and even my rear view mirror and what was coming up in it.

Speaking of the RSX (also totally stock suspension), I can definitely say that typical of a FWD car, it seemed like it wanted to understeer on entry, but if you just smoothly rolled in, it would set its weight and you could drive it on rails all the way to corner exit after that. In the beemer, I get that weight set and then the RFTs run out of grip and my DSC kicks on and...my lap times weep for Star Specs.

Last edited by 02rsxpilot; 04-25-2014 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0