View Single Post
      06-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #3
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Now... how did BMW score so low in maintenance cost when the first 4 years are free? Also, they seemed to be really caught up on the active steering, which is optional (and no one in their right mind seems to be getting it) and the styling, which is obviously biased. So I think everything they dinged the BMW on seem to be non-factor for the rest of us. We will have low maintenance cost , for the first 4 years at least, we don't have active steering, and the styling is based on personal preference. It appears that there's a trend of chosing the cheaper car to win heads up comparisons on magazine just because they offer the same things, on paper only. There is just a refinement in the BMW you can't put down on the specs when compared to a cheaper car. And as for the MB, I just gotta say when I drove my dad's car, it scares me, you feel like the car's driving you, not the other way around. So is this what us new BMW owners have to get use to? Constantly having people hating because you ARE the benchmark that everyone wants to measure up against?
Appreciate 0