09-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
You know, if the boat sank and I would not have been able to get a 1M, I would've gotten an E90 M3 Sedan with no sunroof, no options except maybe Competition Package. I like the look of the sedan a bit more than the coupe and I found something interesting about it when I visited the M Design Center.....the Sedan handles better than the Coupe. They don't know why but it does. Somehow the length, balance who knows but the word is that the sedan handled better than the coupe. Too bad you have DCT, that kills it because you might have been able to work with the suspension. It's probably too late to special order M3 sedan but there might be a dealer left with an allocation to special order or go with coupe, just get rid of Auto gearbox.

Good luck.

EXACTLY my second choice had the 1M not come through - 6MT."Engine up front, gearbox in the middle, traction in the back" - with a glorious V8.

The deals and financing are (were) just remarkable and arguably one the best deals on an M-car. Add onto THAT EuroDelivery discount =

I'll give you a real-world number $53,000 (give or take a couple hundred $) for M3 sedan stripped, comp package, metallic paint. Financing was at 0.9% (1.9% - 1.0% loyalty discount), PLUS BMWCCA $500 rebate meant FREE financing. In retrospect, I think the M3 sedan is a better deal than 1M.

I had read somewhere that the M3 was the most reliable BMW in the lineup - I could never verify this, but who knows?

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0