View Single Post
      11-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Excellent review, thanks for the info.

Bummed about a few things now. Whether they will stop me from buying it I don't know. Individually they wouldn't be a problem but when you add them all together.

Lets see:

1 - No CF roof (is that confirmed? Do you have anything to add on that?) - very minor issue

2 - 3 colours only - Perhaps my biggest beef. Black hides the details, white gets dirty too quickly (in UK at least) and they are everywhere and orange is just too bright and look at me. I would personally prefer a nice blue.

3 - Standard hood (again, can you comment on this? Any new bulges, curves or lines) - Another minor issue

4 - Orange stitching seats - minor

5 - Not M3 (bespoke) seats (are you saying they are just the regular M sport seats like in your 135i?) - Minor

6 - Engine specs - minor

7 - LCI lights - like the fronts but the rear still contain too much white/silver, was hoping for more like 3er LCI and new 5er - minor

8 - Wheels - Is it true that the 19" may be an option and that 18"s will be standard?

As I say, one or two of these things alone would be nitpicking but if all 8 are true AND it costs £40k, then I may just have to look elsewhere.

Its still early days and I am still looking forward to December but I am soooo conflicted.

I saw the vid of the event and got all excited again and then out of it came more bad news and rumours!

Cheers,

Mark.
Appreciate 0