View Single Post
      08-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #33
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

sairex

You sound like a very nice person. I totally agree with everyone here. In my opinion you did nothing wrong. In business things do not always work out. That is business. But if you still feel really strong and this continues to bother you, maybe you should write a letter to the salesperson explaining how you feel. Thanking him/her for their time etc. Sometimes in life we have to do things we are not happy with; this is one of them!

It is people like yourself that make this world better, having these kind of feelings. I hope you continue to contribute to this forum. I have read about how other forums are full of bad comments and people complaining about silly things. We have been very fortunate here, and I think it is these kind of comments that make this forum special. Thanks for posting.

If it helps you, I will say a bit about my 135 purchase...

I started with introducing the 1 to my SO. That went very well and she went crazy over it. Next thing I knew it became her car. We were now on a mission to get this 1. So, after some talking we came across a “fleet manager” who was going to sell us the 135 almost fully loaded for $2,500.00 lower than MSRP. Well we got an order number and everything seemed really good. Over about 10 days there was like zero communication on his side. I asked a few questions and basically was treated quite rude, claiming the "dealer" who I had no idea who that was, was too busy for me. After talking to my SO we decided this deal just was not right; we did not trust him at all (fleet manager) due to his lack of help etc in any way, (email response with like 1 word after I would ask like 3 questions) We were worried what would happen if the car was damaged or some other issue; this car needed a dealership I felt. So off we went to find a dealership. We went to the most elaborate fancy one to go to in our area. They said sure and gave me a MSRP with zero deductions. I went to 1 other and they were very unhelpful and didn't want to give me a quote but said MSRP is what it's looking like. This is also what everyone here was saying too, MSRP IS normal for this car. To end the story without dragging this on, the fancy place got the order but it was FAR from being nice. The way they work is ok if everyone there is on top of things; they were not. I promised the CA I would not say why, but lets just say that was not the last of it. I will say this; DO NOT GET 3rd party stuff from dealership unless you have everything in writing first with a total guarantee it will be perfect. If it is not, do not pay for the car, and have them record the mess up. If I had not been so NICE I think I would have been treated much better! It is being nice they walk all over us!

IT IS TOTALLY TRUE THAT many DEALERSHIPS ARE slime! I have yet to come across any that do not manipulate everything. I now feel I cannot go back to them for much. I had a PDC failure and they claim they are so perfect only to have the back seat not put back properly, so the seatbelt on the right passenger side is wrongly inserted, it could even be the clips that hold it all in is broken. I have yet to figure out the mess. Anyway, I really wanted to post good stuff about them, as I do like the CA (even though I know he too lied to me..I came across other 1addicts who used him, who he gave DISCOUNT TO...so he lied to me! I guess it’s part of the job...not that I like that)
So as you can see it's much a money game!

Enjoy your car! It's a shame we can't buy these cars better than this. Also be happy in USA you pay between 15-30% less than us Canadians. 30% for me as I got lots of options! Oh and expect your amazing leather bound book in the mail in 1-2 months!

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0