View Single Post
      10-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #90
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls
Truthfully, the 0-60 times are near the same and the only figures that count are the ones BMW posts as their's are the most standardized. In those, the Z4 M is .2 seconds faster.
Seems to me that you care a lot more for 0-60 times than you lead us on to believe. If you didn't care, then you wouldn't care what the mfr says. The whole point of independent testing is to verify whether the mfr makes reasonable claims.
BMW's method is probably no more standardized than the better mags (comparing within mags, car for car). Their methods are completely transparent, as they write up on their websites and in print how they arrive at the figures they do. I've never seen anything like that by BMW (or any other manufacturer for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls
For sure the best sports car package I've ever driven and had the pleasure to own.
Better to drive than the Cayman S?

I haven't driven the Z4 M and I don't doubt it's the more visceral thrill. But if you've read the UK tests of the Z4 M or M Coupe, their assessment of the steering reads very much like some reviews for the 135i (lack of steering feel, etc.). And the M cars can't rely on runflats as a reason for this.
Appreciate 0