View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRedman45 View Post
without a widebody, I wouldn't see it happening....just look at your fronts then add 20mm of poke then 15mm more tire shoulder....hitting bumps would tear your fenders up

the rear would be doable with a narrower tire
The reasonable side of me KNOWS you are right. The ridiculous side of me wants to say F it and try to make it work anyway... I am a functional guy all the way and the main reason I want to go to 17's is to run a square setup and tire costs.

Do you know any practical way of testing fitment? I'm thinking something like putting a ruler against the center caps and attaching something vertical from there to see where it fits in the fender. Pretty bootleg but I can't think of any other way and the wheels/tires are in AZ so I can't test fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Don't see it happening either. I'm running 19x8.5 et37 /19x10 et 38. In the front I have 215/35's which don't rub but then in the rear I have 265/30's which do rub. I don't see it being possible to go any lower et wise in the rear really.
Yeah, I think it is quite ambitious, but the rears I'm not quite so concerned with. The fronts are the big challenge here me thinks.
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0