10-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #43
JBW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Love your tire/wheel setup. Mean f*cking stance you're rockin'!

But I'm surprised that you can't get rid of the rubbin 100% with 18's and camber plates. I'm on 19's and 265/35 tire in the rear and slightly rolled fenders, and I only rub if I hit a pot hole....

Regardless, love your car. Would love to have the suspension setup you're running!
Thanks very much!

I love the stance as well. It makes such a BIG difference in how it looks. But, the greatest benefit has definitely been the reduction in front end lift at speed. Considerably less air seems to be getting under the car. It really made a huge difference going down that last 1" or so. It feels much more stable at speed.

This being said, I do have the bit of rubbing. It's only on the passenger front side. And, only when hitting dips/bumps at speed. The reason is likely two-fold... First, I think the Hankooks run a bit wide for a 245/18. Second, the negative camber adjustment is not precisely the same on both sides. The passenger side has a bit less room for adjustment, so it's slightly off from the maximum negative setting I get on the driver side. I have not rolled the fenders. Though, the inner lip of the passenger front fender has been "rolled" a bit from the tire hitting it. It's a "natural" fender roll! LOL! There's no "damage" at all to it. And, nothing visible whatsoever.

I'm currently contemplating whether or not to raise her up an inch or two for the winter. My stock wheels, w/Sottozeros, are going back on soon. I'll also likely look into spacers to push the stock wheels out a bit.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0