Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
Thanks for the kind words... yeah, the Hertz 3W kit is definitely wrong for the 1 or the E90.

The midbass out of the 9 (sorry, I think a 200mm driver is an 8", but anyway) is really good sounding - I have it crossed over like 60 to 150 or so. The 150 Hz xover is a passive that comes with the ADMW9 - it has an output for the 2-way mid/tweeter comp set. We are not able to drive the 8 with dedicated amp channels, and the 360's midbass slider is at 160 Hz, which is gonna affect the 4", so I can't use that to drive the 9" - and it still has killer midbass on an 80x2 amp!

The 4s come in at 150 and really play louder and clearer than the 3" - I have pics of them side by side, front and back, and there's not much comparison.

The Dotech tweeters are the weakest of the three drivers, in my opinion - they Hybrid and Elate tweeters sound a lot better, but at a higher price. Fortunately, I had two EQ bands on the 360.1 to use on the tweeter, and we were able to get it to sound pretty good in that OE pod. The treble is probably the weakest point in the system, but it's not bad - and the Morel is at least as good as the Hertz, maybe a little smoother.

I will post more details and pics sometime tomorrow.. my back is killing me tonight, so I am gonna climb into a hot shower with a beer (if you haven't tried it, do not mock what you do not understand : )
very nice.

btw, i just tried the hot shower and beer thing. was indeed enjoyable
Appreciate 0