08-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHZR2 View Post
I saw the old threads, but it seems like in a few circumstances, key cost has doubled more or less overnight... It isnt seemingly exchange rate fluctuations but arbitrary pricing.

My car doesnt have comfort access, so it seems to be a cheaper key perhaps... Not clear if that is the case anymore though.

Was hoping someone would have very recent pricing...

A) Confirm that there is only 10 keys available for your vehicle, 2 of which were supplied upon delivery. leaving 8 replacments until you need a new control unit.

B) takes 2 days, maybe 3 tops to get keys. Not 2 weeks. Key purchases are usually paid upfront and you need to supply proof of ownership (reg / Lic)

C) current remote key fob 66-12-0-413-690 is $245.38 NOTE!! since you lost your key you also need the "slide in key blade" 51-21-7-069-547 Current price is $56.53 for a total of 301.91 + tax

D) Proof of ownership is needed to verify VIN and owner so key cut and program are a match for your car

E) Programming new key takes 10 seconds BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sisnce you lost a key you need to have it permenetaly removed from your control unit so that if it is ever found it can never start your car, although it can unlock it.
Dealers usually charge between .5 to 1.0 to delete key memory.

Cant be anymore current than that. prices quoted are Retail Retail.. ( meaning no discounts / wholesale / or internet pricing )

Hope that answers your questions.

P.s. I am not offering theses parts for sale, i mearly preseneted this forum with information that i have available

Last edited by DriveHard; 08-12-2011 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: disclaimer added
Appreciate 2
dontask12.50