03-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #401
Grb2nd
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i/ 2011 135i / 2013 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Looking great! I've never been a fan of white, but something about the "is" in alpine white looks very crisp and nice.

Not sure if it's just the lighting or not, but are the windows tinted in that last picture? If so, just curious how dark you went.

Also, as a previous 2008 135i owner myself, I'm curious to hear what you think comparing your is to perhaps some of the previous "ones" you've had. I know mostly the differences are just cosmetic, but wondering if you notice any real difference between N54 vs N55 engine, how shockingly different that exhaust note is to you, and sounds like you're loving the DCT compared to the old steptronic.
Thanks for the kind words! Good eye.... the first two photos were taken prior to tint; the third photo was post tint. I went dark this time...5% all the way around including the sunroof and 55% on the front windshield. The 55% on the front glass, albeit it subtle in number, really makes a big difference - both in exterior aesthetics as well as reducing the interior glare on those sunny Carolina afternoons.

I had an 08 steptronic with the N54 and a 2011 DCT with the N55 power plant... Going from the steptronic to the DCT was a MEGA upgrade that initially masked the differences between the N54 and N55, but as the novelty of the DCT wore off, the engine differences soon became apparent.

As for the exhaust on the new 135is, I sincerely feel it is as close to the perfect harmonics as possible - in my opinion. Subtle and tasteful, yet throaty and full of gurgle when need be. Really enjoying the sounds more than I anticipated.

Below are pics of my '11 and '08
Attached Images

Last edited by Grb2nd; 03-21-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0