///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
BMW's designation "M-Sport" and not "Sport" as seen on this document. Its not much but its what BMW says it is. And to be honest the M Badges on any M car are purely cosmetic, its really only what is under the hood and suspension that makes any difference between any ordinary M3 and a 335i performance wise. I say if BMW can put M-Sport on the window sticker one ought to be to put logos on the outside. "M-Sport" and "Sport" after all are different words, even if the underpinnings are the same. I agree it is splitting hairs, but BMW does a lot of splitting hairs too.

The fact the M Sport is listed under packages is almost irrelevant.

What would have been relevant is if in the heading it said 135i M-Sport Coupe, you can see there is no distinction there. Frankly, even if it were, there is still not enough justification IMO to start debadging the 135i moniker and replacing it with the ///M logos.

I've had a highly modified M5 and hated to see many plain vanilla 5-series with the ///M logo in the back, it is poserish. I even considered selling the DINAN insignia badge I had, it's crazy how people would pay several hundred for it and slap it on car that doesn't have a single Dinan part on it! I figured it would be a dis-service to sell it to some poser and just kept it...
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0