View Single Post
      09-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #36
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

If they covered the tray with the same sort of door that is over the ashtray, I would be OK with it (as long as there is a second auxiliary port up-front as there apparently is). An open tray seems cheap to me. I do not smoke but I use the accessory port for my 12V air compressor and I put little BMW odds and ends into the ash tray (valve stem caps, plug from arm rest auxiliary socket (that one has my flashlight in it), etc..

I think smokers have a right to feel persecuted right now but I suspect it will get worse. What if we applied the statistics for health care to the health insurance premiums? Seems much more likely than charging other more favored groups. I think smoking is a bad idea but I don't think it effects me much if others choose to smoke. And I think more people need to loose weight and exercise more. Many people gain weight when they stop smoking. I wonder which is worse for your health. Last time I checked, the only person I am responsible to make these decisions for is me. So while I have opinions about what others should be doing, my overall view is that either we need to remind all the people doing unhealthy things that what they are doing is bad regularly or we need to leave all of them alone. Singling out smokers and leaving the rest alone does not make much sense. Don't hold your breath waiting for somebody to remind homosexuals that their lifestyle is not so healthy.

Jim