Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MonsterNtheMaking View Post
mine doesn't sound deep and throaty until warm, then its nice when you're on the gas. My end goal is a much more exotic exhaust than stock, it'll get there but as of the moment, the DP is more for performance with the JB4 than for sound.

to me a perfect exhaust is unnoticeable at rest, but an exotic beast when getting on it. Loud is great, deep and throaty is even better--but starting the car from a chilled morning (think Ohio--its been high 20s at night by my house) makes that sucker ring like its waking up the neighborhood. little press of the gas pedal and it immediately simmers down to a much more tolerable sound
Considering you want a more exotic sound vs loudness, have you thought of getting the BMW Performance exhaust? I have a buddy with the Exhaust and a downpipe. When he is driving it has zero drone and you dont even know he has an upgraded exhaust. When he floors it the sound just opens up and for a second you think you are hearing some kind of exotic italian car. I like deep low end exhaust tones so I went the aftermarket route.
BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS DP, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, KW CS Coilover, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, Stage 2 Fuel Pump, M3 Control Arms, Dinan Camber Plates, Pure Stage 2.
Appreciate 0