01-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #20
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19 View Post
dont install ANY spacer...1st 02 sensor or 2nd 02 sensor...youll end up with MORE codes on the car than just running it catless without a tune...

what i did, and still do, is run a BMS CAN-tool (they dont make them anymore, so look on the for sale forums) and run it on auto-clear for the DP CEL light. it also can hi jack the gauges and stuff for boost and IAT and other stuff...but it is not a tune. just gets rid of the cel.

again, a spacer will create MORE problems. just running it catless will just throw a code that says "lean bank etc." which is harmless...a spacer, as i have just figured out via trial and error, will throw off A LOT of things like a/f ratio, 02 ratio, etc.

the car with the catless dp never had issues. it ran rich which is good for turbo cars anyways.

with the spacer it ran SUPER lean, even though, it wasnt actually running lean...and stalled out a lot, etc.
Thanks for this!
I received my N54tuning N55 DP today...
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=164

I was debating whether to get the spacer and postpone my DP installation. Sounds like sticking a spacer in the Secondary O2 sensor socket would create more issues than it is trying to solve. I will pass on the adjustable spacer then, and let my Cobb custom e-tune (based on stage 2 OTS map) manage the auto-clear functionality then ...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0