02-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #50
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau@performanceshockinc View Post
Lastly, I'm sure that you will have a great suspension under your 1M! I look forward to hearing about it.
Hey welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to it too. This is actually a development effort for a road and track, fully warrantied system from Ohlins. They already have the TTX being used; I believe you guys are doing a lot of this on the 1M already, am I right?

From what Jeff Baucam told me from Ohlins is that if a shop customizes a TTX setup (for instance, uses an M3 setup for a 1M), the shop takes responsibility for the warranties. And this goes without saying...the shops are usually great about warrantying their work. I didn't mean to step on any toes or misrepresent anything; so I'm sorry if it seemed like I spoke for you. That wasn't my intention at all.

And when I said that about "using for their TTX lines as well"; I wasn't trying to imply that 1M development was going to improve any of the other TTX series, it would just give them a better idea of how to create setups specifically for the 1M.

Most everthing else (I think anyway), we're on the same page. Again, sorry if I misstated something. I wasn't trying to. I've been working with these guys for a while (both for motorcycle and 1M work). I'm not claiming to be a know-iot-all by any means...they're the experts and I just regurgitate things that I'm allowed to repeat Sometimes, I may not even get that totally right! lol

Thanks for the extra info...I think a lot of people are looking forward in seeing what comes out for the 1M, especially if it gives them more options than the standard track driven TTX series. I know that I am!
Appreciate 0