06-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
titleistforged
car/golf/gaming addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

hit huge pothole, need some advice

Hi 1addicts,

I have a 128 and am lowered on 135 shocks and Eibach springs. I also have stock 135 rims. I had a full car and couldn't avoid this huge pothole.

Long story short, I drove over the pothole and the car at first didn't track straight.
It got worse, and I felt some vibration, so I pulled over to inspect. My rear left tire had some ridiculous camber now. I had an appointment to make, so I kept on driving and it felt like the rear wanted to fishtail and when I applied the brakes, car would shudder. No crazy vibrations in the steering wheel. I also hear some thuds now and then.

I tried to do a search, but couldn't really find anything of help. I tried Google and it would appear that it could be a broken rear axle. Maybe busted shock or spring? Anyone with experience in this matter? I would greatly appreciate the help, and if there is good information online that I am overlooking, I apologize in advance.

Thanks for the help!
2013 BMW 135is 6MT #509/586 Dinan Stage 2
2015 Mini Cooper 6AT Stock af

Previous, with many regrets and bad decisions
16 WRX, 14 BRZ, 12 Corolla, 04 R6, 14 CLA, 13 EvoX, 08 128i, 08 Civic SI, 06 Civic EX, 97 Civic DX
Appreciate 0