View Single Post
      06-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
a1javaguy
Rep
Drives: BSM-Coral Red 135i

Pogo And Performance Suspension

When I first got my 135i and drove it on the highway with the stock runflats I was disappointed with the floaty feeling in the supension and the pogo effect over rough roads (I-95 in Philly is not pleasant to drive on, to say the least). I switched out the run bricks and got Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric Tyres, which I really like. They give the car a more planted feel. However I am still not enjoying the pogo effect of the car at highway speeds (65+) on uneven pavement. Traction Control seems to have to kick in on the car when hitting some bumps something I never saw once on my 06 325i. I am just wondering if those with the performance suspension have seen a reduction in the Pogo feel from the car when driving on uneven pavement at highway speeds? Dropping $2500 on a new suspension is not something I really want to do but if it fixes the problem then I might pony up the cash. Is there anyone with the performance suspension who can objectively say that it is a must have upgrade that has transformed the car and that it is well worth the investment, or is it a ho-hum improvement? BMW performance suspension is the only option as I want to keep the warranty in tact.
Appreciate 0