View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #12
alexmtl_135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 Coupe P31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
The lag you are feeling is actually the traction control cutting in. If you have JB4 do some logs from a dead stop and traction control on. You will see that the pedal is being pressed, but the throttle and fuel are being cut. It's basically how the computer stops you from spinning the tires off a dead stop. Our cars have a lot of torque because of the turbo. Try this, hold down the DTC button on the dash until the triangle with the arrow going in a circle shows up on the dash. Then jam the gas from a dead stop. No more lag, but you will spin the tires like crazy. Be careful.
I agree this could well be the software cutting the fuel, but I doubt this is because of traction control. This happens on very partial throttle (from 0 to 20%), and the behaviour (nothing happening and then suddenly a BIG surge of power) seem to be contrary to the principle of traction control.
And the traction control light doesn't show up on the dash.

I'll give it a try tonight with traction control disabled and see if that changes anything. But then I don't have the issue so often any more, so we'll see.

That been said, I strongly believe this has to do with software controlling the fuel delivery and the clutch actuation. Maybe if we all raise this issue with our dealer they could do something about it, if it's only software that should be a cheap easy fix for them.
Appreciate 0