Thread: Custom Print
View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
DingerFinger
Rep
Drives: 1M

Thanks. Thought it might have been blocked or something.

Below is a portion of an email I got from him just before the New Year about my inquiry.

"As for custom prints, I'd love to do a print of a 1M for you! Allow me to explain how the process for custom prints works:

First I'd do a bunch of image research. Then I'll create a digital mockup of what the print will look like, email that to you and get your approval. Once you approve, I transfer the design onto laminate, and cut out the stencils by hand. I then place the stencils over a sheet of printing paper, and spray each color, creating the print. This process allows for overspray and slight imperfections. I do this intentionally because I want my artwork to show that each and every print was hand-made.

For fully custom prints like this, I charge $500. The whole process takes about 2 weeks from when I start designing the print. I am currently booked solid for custom prints through February, so I'd be able to make your print some time in the beginning of March. Sorry the for the inconvenience!

If you're good with the price and the timeline, I'll ask you to make a deposit of $250, and then you would pay the balance after you approve the digital mockup. Let me know how you'd like to proceed. Thanks!"
Appreciate 0