08-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #23
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
You forgot one thing... He pleaded guilty, when asked, so the cops were 1000% right in charging him... I assume his parents (thankfully) made him own up. As the article also rightfully points out that the kid could have said "it was only a joke" (meaning the braggart thread), and it would have been up to the cops to prove it... So, that is why I think the 'rents got involved.
I didn't forget it, but before I saw another article....

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...-loses-licence

...I wondered what exactly were the circumstances of the "admission" as I know how cops operate, and why so many cases are thrown out over lack of evidence or trumped up charges.

However, it appears that he did have a lawyer and that he did admit his douchebaggery, *and* his parents were also involved.

STILL, it is a very bizarre precedent to charge someone for a crime that did not happen. In fact, this paragraph says it all:

"Rigenco also admitted to smoking marijuana and started a thread about a car accident he said he was involved in with his BMW a few weeks after the speeding incident. Barmakov (the cop) said police didn’t have enough evidence to pursue charges for either of these things."

Imagine if I started a thread that said I drive to Kitchener every weekend and have frequently driven 140kh, and cops show up at my door. Most certainly charges without an admission could never stick. It's just preposterous.

Anyway, we're all happy he's off the road and according to the article, he lost his beast.

Last edited by 1HungryMan; 08-12-2010 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0